General Care (Dry Clean or Hand Wash)
To hand wash delicate silk items, fill a basin, bucket, or sink with cold water and a detergent that has low alkaline (like Woolite) or even baby shampoo. Submerge the caftan and gently twirl underwater for two minutes, making sure the detergent or shampoo has dissipated in the water. Rinse the material by then submerging it in clean cold water, rinsing underneath a faucet could cause the material to stretch and fade. Spread the garment on a large towel, making sure to not pull or stretch the caftan out of shape. Fold the towel over the scarf and press down to rid the fabric of excess water. Hang on a drying rack to let it air-dry (avoid hanging outdoors because the sun could cause color distortion). To restore shine to faded blouses, add vinegar to warm water (1 to 4 ratio) and hand wash. Only iron on a silk setting, otherwise you might burn the material.
- Billowy chiffon, georgette silk
- Beautiful 100% silk printed in Florence, Italy
- Arboreal imagery from Dena Lyons’ paintings of trees
- red, greens, and creamy white make this poncho stand out
- Casual elegance for a sunny day
- Wear with shorts, slacks or jeans for an afternoon outing or dress it up with a pair of fancy sandals for a garden cocktail party, when you are the hostess, or throw on over a bathing suit to sit by the pool.
- Different on both sides... wear either side